I believe my child is showing signs of oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) – How can I get them the help they need?
Note: NAMI volunteers are not medical or mental health professionals, and we cannot offer medical or mental health advice. The material outlined below is informational and we hope that it helps provide guidance toward getting support.
- Arguing with authority figures.
- Purposefully disobeying authority figures.
- Frequent anger and irritability.
- Losing their temper easily.
- Acting retaliatory and hurtful.
- Blaming others for their behavior.
- Repeated anger and irritability.
- Repeated argumentative and defiant behavior.
- Symptoms lasting a minimum of six months.