How can I get help/support for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?
You may wish to consult our website’s Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder page where you will find information on the condition, current treatments, ways to support recovery, and links to NAMI Discussion Groups that focus on topics related to OCD.
The following resources may be particularly helpful:
- The International OCD Foundation, (617) 973-5801, offers resources for individuals living with OCD, including information on the disorder, treatment referrals, and a find support groups locator for in-person and online support groups.
- The TLC Foundation, (831) 457-1004, provides information and resources for Trichotillomania, a disorder involving body-focused repetitive behaviors including referrals to therapists, in-person and online support groups, and hair & skin care services.
- Psychology Today OCD Therapist Locator offers a OCD “Find a Therapist” link on the site. Can also use the link to locate treatment facilities and psychiatrists. Individuals should verify with their insurance company once they have identified a provider to confirm coverage.
- Peace of Mind supports the OCD community – individuals living with OCD and their caregivers - through education, research, support and advocacy (not personal advocacy). Offers information on OCD residential treatment facilities; in-person support groups (Texas only); online support groups, nationwide.
- Obsessive Compulsive Anonymous offers 12-step in-person support groups and conference call support meetings for those living with multiple forms of OCD.