How can I get help/support for borderline personality disorder(BPD)?
You may wish to consult the Borderline Personality Disorder page of NAMI’s website where you will find information on the condition, current treatments, ways to support recovery, and links to NAMI Discussion Groups that focus on topics related to Borderline Personality Disorder.
The following resources may be of help:
- National Education Alliance for BPD provides resources and information for families and loved ones of those living with BPD. Offers a ”Family Connections™” Program, a free, 12-week course offered across US, both in-person and via teleconference, the provides current information and research on BPD and family functioning; individual coping skills based on Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT); family skills; and group support that builds an ongoing network for family members.
- Borderline Personality Disorder Resource Center, (888) 694-2273, offers resources and information on BPD, including referrals to treatment and a page that highlights support groups available for families.
- BPD Central provides information on BPD & Narcissistic Personality Disorder, treatment referrals, resources and online support groups for multiple BPD-related communities.
- Treatment/Research Advancements for Borderline Personality Disorder (TARA), (888) 482-7227, offers national helpline, resource & referral center to families and people in recovery from BPD. Note – When calling, you will be asked to provide your name and contact information before being able to proceed with services.
- Out of the FOG provides information and resources for caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with BPD or Narcissistic Personality Disorder. They also offer multiple online discussion forums.
- DBT Travel Guide is available for free through Google Play and the Apple App Store for users and practitioners. This app provides information about DBT and BPD and contains 200+ skills and mindfulness exercises including a crisis resources section. For the therapist, the app offers practical guidelines and guide to write down agreements between client and therapist and to digitally fill in the diary card.