How can I get help/support for an eating disorder?
You may wish to consult the Eating Disorders page of NAMI’s website where you will find information on the condition, current treatments, ways to support recovery, and links to NAMI Discussion Groups that focus on topics related to eating disorders.
The following, additional resources may be of help:
- The National Eating Disorders Association is the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders. It offers an information and referral Helpline at (800) 931-2237 for treatment options, resources and support.
- The National Association of Anorexia Nervosa & Associate Disorders is dedicated to alleviating the suffering and to providing support to those struggling with eating disorders. They offer treatment referral information, support groups, grocery buddies, and a HelpLine at (630) 577-1330.
- Eating Disorders Anonymous provides online and in person support communities to support each other in their struggle to recover from eating disorders.
- With All provides information, resources and tools for individuals and caregivers to help develop healthy relationships with food and body. It also provides financial assistance to those in recovery from eating disorders with one-time grants of up to $500 to help with costs of living expenses during treatment.
- Proud2Bme is a service of the National Eating Disorders Association that provides information and resources to teens and young adults to promote positive body image and encourage healthy attitudes about food and weight. The program offers a toll-free HelpLine as well as online and in-person support groups. To reach their HelpLine, please call (800) 931-2237.