How can I get help/support for an eating disorder?
You may wish to consult the Eating Disorders page of NAMI’s website where you will find information on the condition, current treatments, ways to support recovery, and links to NAMI Discussion Groups that focus on topics related to eating disorders.
The following additional resources may be of help:
- The National Eating Disorders Association is the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders. It offers an information and referral Helpline at (800) 931-2237 for treatment options, resources and support.
- The National Association of Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders is dedicated to alleviating the suffering and to providing support to those struggling with eating disorders. They offer treatment referral information, support groups, grocery buddies, and a HelpLine at (630) 577-1330.
- ANAD.org is a nonprofit organization that seeks to relieve suffering by providing support and education to those experiencing disordered eating and body image. ANAD offers an eating disorder helpline, virtual support groups, virtual recovery mentorship and a treatment directory.
- Eating Disorders Anonymous follows a Twelve-Step model of mutual support for recovery from eating disorders.Support groups meet both online and in person; website offers a meeting locator.
- With All provides information, resources and tools for individuals and caregivers to help develop healthy relationships with food and body. It also provides financial assistance to those in recovery from eating disorders with one-time grants of up to $500 to help with costs of living expenses during treatment.