How do I file a complaint against my psychiatrist/psychotherapist?

To register a complaint against a specific psychiatric medical professional, you will want to contact your state’s Medical Board or state medical licensing authority. 

The Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards may be of assistance.  To file a complaint against a psychologist, contact your state psychology licensing board to obtain information on filing a complaint with that licensing board. These state regulatory agencies control the ability of a psychologist to practice and are separate entities from APA. A complete list can be found at

Hours of operation Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. EST 

Call: 800-950-NAMI (6264) 

Text: 62640 



Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us